The Friends of the Institute offers a way to join the extended community of those who find personally and socially meaningful the insights of C.G. Jung, and those who have expanded and amplified his work. We welcome both analysts and non-analysts. Our mission is to apply the insights of Jungian psychology to cultural offerings in fine art, literature, music, films, and related fields of interest in the Bay Area.
Friends of the Institute Programs
Friends programs include an eclectic range of cultural, aesthetic and psychological topics which in some way relate to the Jungian perspective. Our presenters come from a wide range of disciplines, including analysts. Events usually include discussion followed by refreshments and socializing. Program are announced in our biannual publication RHIZOME. Guests (for a fee) are welcome at most events.
- Feb 26, 2017 Feminine Legacy: Motherline in the Life and Paintings of Helen Hardin
- Apr 30, 2017 A Kairos Moment in an Archetypal Cosmos
Our Reading Groups
Friends of the Institute sponsors reading groups in San Francisco, East Bay, Marin County, and the Peninsula. These groups meet monthly in private homes to discuss works selected by the group. The readings generally have some relationship to the Jungian view of the psyche.
Membership Dues and Benefits
An annual membership in The Friends is $100. Members of Friends receive a broad range of benefits including:
- Complimentary attendance at Friends of the Institute events
- Copies of Rhizome—the newsletter of the Friends of the Institute
- Membership and borrowing privileges from the Virginia Allan Detloff Library
- Access to the ARAS website (by appointment) at the Institute
- 10% discount on many Extended Education Programs (excluding year long programs and weekend-long conferences)