Jungian psychotherapy includes befriending the drive to become conscious, respecting the tension of archetypal opposites, valuing differences, appreciating universal and unique features of symbols, and fostering ethical instincts.
The C. G. Jung Institute keeps the Northern California community engaged with Jungian contributions in all of these areas through education and clinical services.
Donations to the Institute are tax-deductible.
MOVING THE JUNG INSTITUTE
To serve its mission sustainably, the Institute needs to relocate to a building that is accessible to all people, including those facing mobility challenges, and that has adequate space for the low-fee psychotherapy clinic and the public education programs. Our vision is to purchase a centrally located building that is served by public transit, in reach of parking, and that can be made functional and gracious.
Moving the Institute will cost about $9.7 million, to be paid for by the eventual sale of our current building plus $4.8 million in earmarked donations.
We have already raised more than 60% of the donations needed. An anonymous donor who cares very much about the Institute’s future has agreed to match new donations to the Building Fund dollar for dollar, up to a total of $500,000.
Please contribute now so that the Institute can serve the community sustainably in the future.
After 44 years of growth, we are crowded in the current building, which does not meet contemporary standards for a building that serves the public. Zoning restrictions make it impossible to redesign or expand the current building.
- Education and supervision for therapists at all stages of training
- Psychotherapy unhurried and in-depth available to the public on a sliding-scale basis
- Lectures and seminars covering the entire range of Jungian psychology
- Resources such as the Institute’s specialized library, its Archive for Research in Archetypal Symbolism, and the quarterly Jung Journal: Culture & Psyche
- To be homelike, warm, welcoming, and accessible to all
- To celebrate individuality
- To offer privacy
- To connect, past, present, and future
- To be humble yet inspiring
- To nourish visitors through its library and rotating art exhibits
You can help by making a financial contribution or a pledge payable over two years.
Arranging a planned gift (bequest) to the Institute is also helpful because it enhances the Institute’s long-term sustainability.
- Online donation
- Check payable to the C. G. Jung Institute of San Francisco, 2040 Gough St., San Francisco, CA 94109. Please include your postal address so we can send you a thank you and tax receipt.
- Stock shares (There is usually a significant tax savings to the donor from giving appreciated stock shares because the full value of the shares is deductible yet no capital gains tax is owed. You may want to check with your financial advisor.)
- Automatic monthly credit card debit
- Retirement plan assets
- Bequest in your will
Your gift may be designated to the Building Fund or the Annual Fund (to support our ongoing work) or both. If you give online, you will have the opportunity to designate on the final payment screen.
For more information, please contact Administrative Director Steve Hargis-Bullen (email@example.com; 415-771-8055 ext *206). He looks forward to speaking with you.
In addition to our thanks and appreciation, you will receive invitations to events at the Institute. Generally, two events per year are specifically designed to express our thanks to donors. Donors and their guests may participate in these at no cost. Past donor appreciation events have applied insights of analytical psychology to film, painting, music, books, politics, ecology, organizations, and gender.
The combination of people ideas, vision, and resources that comprise the Jung Institute of San Francisco is unmatched. We hope you will see the Institute’s value and investing in the Institute’s future by making a tax-deductible contribution.